Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Your PS3 Ate My 360

Is this a metaphor for the current generation console wars? The mysterious modder behind N8bog.com has used his impressive skills with sharp instruments and spending a lot of time at home to create the world's first and (so far) only PS360. It's all the guts of an Xbox 360 crammed into the gaping maw of a PS3, and it actually works.

As far as the metaphor goes, you may be thinking the PS360 represents the opposite of reality, since instead of munching on Microsoft, Sony has been struggling to keep up while still losing money on every PS3 sold. But I prefer to see the PS360 as an emblem of the fact that on the inside, every PS3 really wants to be a 360.

Or maybe not. I do love my 360, but it's a replacement for a replacement for a replacement. With every red ring of death, it loses just a little bit of its soul. Fortunately, the PS360 doesn't have red rings (or any rings, for that matter), and it's up for auction on eBay. As of now, the high bid is $207.50, which is about a quarter of what I got for every Wii I stole purchased from my local Gamestop last Christmas.

Source: N8bog.com

No comments: