Monday, June 22, 2009

Scream 4, already canceled? Maybe (Movie News)



Well that was quick. Just about a week after Wes Craven officially confirmed that the 4th Scream film is starting to develop, the film's writer revealed he's a having some issues.

Kevin Williamson, who wrote the first two flicks, posted this unpleasing message on his Twitter page: "Trying to figure out a Sid-less scenario. She won't do it. This sucks." Williamson continued, "Come on Sid! Say yes! Please!!!!!! I'm begging!!!!!" and "Moving forward with all my characters regardless ... it's the story I wanna tell."

The NY Post's PopWrap contacted Williamson, begging for an elaboration of the cryptic messages. He responded, "I've had numerous conversations with Neve. She's a friend. Nicest girl on the planet. It just ain't workin' out and it sucks for me. It was no cameo. I'd never play Sid out that way. And I ain't got no Sid-less scenario. So, I don't know yet what to do."

Well crap mouse. Williamson has been writing Scream 4 for a while now, so presumably the role of Sidney Prescott was pretty big. However don't worry Scream fans. As recently as 4 days ago, Williamson is continuing his work. He tweeted, "Working on S4. Have completely spooked myself. Think there's a killer in every closet."

No comments: