Friday, August 21, 2009

Sir Paul McCartney: musician and gamer

Paul McCartney may be entering the video game world with the upcoming September release of The Beatles: Rock Band, but the musical mastermind is no stranger to gaming. In a new interivew with Game Informer, McCartney proves he knows a thing or two about gaming.

"I have a son who's 30, so he's a big gamer, he gamed through a lot of the early stuff," McCartney said. "I was thinking the other day, 'God, that's a long way from ping pong.'"

McCartney continued, "...his generation went through stuff like — I like Pilotwings and stuff like that," he continued. "I liked the way you used to crash on purpose: 'No!'" It's very refreshing to hear an entertainer not only refer to himself as a gamer, but without the cliche Pac-Man or Galaga references.

"So those are great, and I say I played a bunch of that along with them, so I know the excitement of it. I just never got into it as much as the guys did, because I was doing other stuff." Ha, yeah, other stuff.

Another notch of coolness has been added to your belt, Sir Paul.


Sir Paul McCartney: musician and gamer (Examiner)

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: