Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blockbuster Joins The Gaming Subscription Market

As a company that once dominated the home video and gaming rental markets, it is ironic that technology has actually destroyed Blockbuster.

Blockbuster hasn't thrown in the towel yet. The company has announced that they will add video games as part of their movies-by-mail Total Access service. Just add the games to your Queue just like you would a DVD or Blu-Ray.

A pilot program to test out this new feature will begin within a few months, with the plan up and running later this year.

Personally, I never received the movies I wanted on my Queue, so I canceled my Blockbuster Total Access plan. If they can't stock their movie selection, I can't imagine they'd stock their video game selection.

Source: Joystiq

No comments: