Monday, February 16, 2009

Console Wars: Episode CXXVIII - Revenge of the Who Cares

I'm really getting sick of the ongoing battle between Sony and Microsoft for dominance of the home console market. Both of them have already lost to Nintendo, so they just hilariously pretend Nintendo doesn't exist. I'd be worried about the house of Mario's feelings if I wasn't confident their executive's literally feed on liquefied cash.

But the war rages on, and I'll continue to report from the front lines of my lavish gamer's mansion. The current front: Europe, where the Xbox 360 is now a million consoles ahead of the PlayStation 3. Fanboys, set your commenting fingers to "a-twitter".

Seriously, though, I've fallen asleep nearly seven times just writing about this. I miss the console wars of days past, when Nintendo and Sega were attacking each other's manhood during every Saturday morning cartoon commercial break. "Genesis graphics look like something your grandma would quilt!" "Colors are for punks! Sonic goes so fast, you'll be playing BACKWARD IN TIME!!!"

Much more exciting than passive-aggressive press releases about sales figures...

Source: Joystiq

No comments: