Monday, February 16, 2009

Codemasters Wants Your Newborn Named Jason

Developer/ publisher Codemasters is looking to bring the name 'Jason' back to the top of the UK most common names list by the end of 2009. The effort is taking place because Jason is the name of the videogame hero from Rise of the Argonauts, Codemasters' newest game which hit store shelves last week.

In order to elevate Jason's ranking, Codemasters has established a website www.bringbackjason.com, to help the name regain its popularity in the UK. The company is even going as far as to make new parents of a 'Jason' eligible for a year's supply of Codemasters video games on the platform of their choice.

First of all, I am fully against such an initiative. I understand the coolness associated with such a stellar name, but I prefer my coolness to stay intact. Let's minimize the 'Jasons' and I can keep imagining that I'm the only one. Thanks.

Source: Codemasters

No comments: